Layla's first Birthday was very sweet, just like the honoree. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate so we had to make do and move everything in doors, which didn't really work perfect for my vision, but we made the best of it. Since I've been on a pinwheel kick lately, I decided to make Layla's first a whimsical Pinwheel party. Originally it was set to be outdoors at a gorgeous park with white awnings and a view of the marina with lots of blankies and kite flying, but we transferred everything indoors and created a more intimate and special event.
This was Layla's first Birthday Shoot
We decorated the front door with handmade pinwheels (tutorial to come this week) and big latex balloons.
For the food we decided to cook and make a bunch of finger foods. Chicken meatballs, veggie bites, shrimp scampi, teriyaki beef, pinwheel sandwiches, pasta salad, chips and fruit.
The dessert table is always the best! We had cupcakes, sugar cookies, macaroons, marshmallow bites, gum balls, pinwheel lollipops and of course tons of cake.
We made a banner with all of Layla's monthly photos and hung it above the fireplace. Really crazy to see how much she has grown.
We decorated her chair two different ways! Once for the cake smash and again for her presents. You can see below. We also put pom poms and pinwheels all over the walls in the house to bring together the theme.
We decided on a big cupcake for our cupcakes smash cake. She didn't cry as much as brother, but still wasn't thrilled.
It was also grandpa's birthday on the same day so grandpa got a hole in one red velvet cake that Layla got to help blow the candle out on.
Layla had such a fun day with all her friends and family. Now if only we could slow down time.
– Invitation: Greenenvelope.com
– Party Styling: Mommy Jenn – Paper Goods: Party City and Target
– Straws: Party City and Target – Cake and desserts: Butter Cake Shoppe – Candy: Party City
– Pinwheels: Handmade by Mommy Jenn
– Balloons: Party Unlimited Rental
– Food: Mommy Jenny and Grandma
– Party Dress: Not Sew Plain on Etsy
– First Birthday Photo Outfit: Onesies for Elliot on Etsy
– Birthday Crown: Kutie Bow-Tuties on Etsy
– First's Chalkboard: 3 Little Birds Prints on Etsy